Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Selling somewhere else


OK so we all love Etsy and what wonderful doors it has opened for us as creators. I myself are grateful that they have inspired me to create more. I've met lots of great people as well. Most are willing to share their own thoughts and guidance.

Setting up your own site can prove you can sell in this never ending internet. You just have to work at it like any other site you will need to promote, promote,promote. I've not gain the courage or the strength to setup my own site because of all the time I spend on promoting my Etsy shop. With that being said, I've been introduced to another Handmade site called Shop Handmade. I've opened a shop here as well just because they are not as saturated as Etsy is now (not to say this won't happen here too.) I hope their exposure spreads and good things comes out of it. I've only listed a few items just to see. For now the listing are free. The site is a bit slow and confusing on some things. I will just wait and see. It will be interesting to see which of my shops does better.

Until next time....

No comments: